Search our store by topic, author, word or phrase:
Printing and Binding Services
|You've done the research, written the stories, gathered the photos and illustrations, and put them all together... Now let GlobalGenealogy.com produce a finished book you will be proud to call your own. |
Every job is customized to your needs:
Covers - Some of the options:
- We can produce books in a wide variety of book sizes and formats, in black and white or vibrant full colour on the latest high-end digital presses.
- We use only acid-free, high-opacity papers, so your book will last for generations. Choose from a variety of weights and finishes.
- We can accommodate fold-out pages for family trees, charts, maps, etc.
- Need a pocket for CD or other insert? We can do it.
Getting your book press-ready:
- Case binding: hard covers in a variety of leather-like or fabric finishes, in many colours. Your title is stamped in a contrasting solid colour or metallic foil on the front cover and spine.
- Dust jackets: Add a colourful printed wrapper to your case bound book.
- Perfect binding: pages are glued firmly into the spine like a paperback
- Coil binding: PVC plastic binding allows the book to lay flat.
- We can step in once you've assembled all the components of your book like title page, contents, illustrations and index, and formatted them.
- Printing cost is lowest when you provide us with a single print-ready digital file. Some common formats are pdf, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, FamilyTreeMaker and Legacy Family Tree. Please contact us if you'd prefer to work with a different format.
- If you prefer to have us design and set up the manuscript for you, one of our experienced book designers can work with you to make your vision a reality. The cost of book design, or assembly of a print-ready digital file from a variety of physical and digital sources is charged as a one-time 'set-up' fee based on a per-hour or per-page cost, depending on the complexity of the project.
- An attractive cover is important. Binding costs vary between hard cover, soft cover in perfectbound format, coil binding, spine stitching, etc. Be flexible with your choice until you have discussed the options with us. The best binding choice for your specific project can be less expensive than you think.
- We also carry publications to help you write, edit, and design your book.
Examples of books we've printed or published: Exampes vary from 6 X 9" to 8.5 X 11" - all other sizes available.
- We love books. GlobalGenealogy.com has been in the book business for more than twenty years.
- We can help you balance appearance and durability with the cost of your book.
- We can also provide practical advice on pricing and promotional tools to get your books into the hands of readers.
- Whether you want to print 25 books, 100 copies, or thousands of copies, we can match your needs to a cost-effective solution.
|8.5 X 11" Hardcover dust cover |
|6 X 9" Perfect-bound |
|8.5 X 11" Perfect-bound
|8.5 X 11" DuraBind |
|7 X 10" Hard cover |
|8.5 X 11" Coil bound
|7 X 10" Hard cover |
|6 X 9" Perfect-bound |
|6 X 9" Hard cover
- "The book looks fabulous! The print quality, paper and cover are all excellent. You have no idea how much we have appreciated your help throughout this process. As we are all new to this writing/publishing process, your help has been invaluable."
Woodland Beach Book Committee, Authors of Footprints in the Sand - Woodland Beach Memories [Ontario], publ. 2016
- "Thank you both for your help getting Mary's book to her last week... Less than three weeks from manuscript to finished book. Thanks again."
Jane [from Ontario], June, 2016
- "I am so happy with them [my books]! The red buckram is a beautiful shade and is exactly the true red that I was hoping for. The pages open so nicely.... Thank you so much for helping the end product to be a book that I am proud of."
Colleen Robinson, author of "Memoirs and Statistics of the Youth for Christ Teen Team To Southeast Asia 1963" publ. 2016
- "[My books] more than meet my expectations... I have a few books that you had done over the last 8 to 10 years! I knew then, if I ever got around to publishing the family history book that I would likely ask you... Satisfied Costumer!..."
Ken W. Henry, author of "Prairie Pioneers of Southern Saskatchewan, Alex FELL Family, Friends & Neighbours" publ. 2015
- "My books just arrived, they look great! Thank you..."
Ev Page, author of "Page and Paskin Families" publ. 2015
- "The books arrived (poor postal man huffing and puffing and probably in need of a little lie down after all that exertion). They look great! It's been great working with you and I will certainly be more than happy to pass your name along to anyone I come across who might be in need...."
Mary Anne Richardson, author of "Did Little But The Chores, Vol. I and Vol. 2", publ. 2014 (vol. 1), 2015 (vol. 2)
- "Thank you again for your efforts and support with 'Loyally Yours - 100 Years of The UELAC' "
Fred Hayward, compiler and publisher of Loyally Yours - 100 Years of The UELAC [United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada], publ. 2014
- "A splendid book...."
Edward Young, Deputy Private Secretary to the Queen, Buckingham Palace, regarding the book Loyally Yours - 100 Years of The UELAC [United Empire Loyalist Association of Canada], publ. 2014
- "My sincere thanks for all your support in making the publishing of my book 'Our Smith Heritage' a smooth process from start to finish and in such a short turnaround time. I am very pleased with the final result and the quality of the book, and know that family members will have a treasure to hand down to their descendants...."
Marilyn Dwyer, author of Our Smith Heritage, publ. 2014
- "... wonderful to work with and I heartily endorse using their services..."
Delphine Cameron Large, author of Our Camerons of Lochiel, publ. 2014
- "I have just arrived home and found the books waiting for me. They look great! The paper has a very nice feel and the photos do not show through at all [high opacity paper]. They look like "proper" books. What we had done in the past [by others] was nothing like this. This is a fitting tribute to our 50th anniversary. Thank you so much for your help with this..."
Helen Billing, regarding: A Celebration of 50 Years, 1964-2014, publ. 2014
- "... thanks, splendiferous!"
Ann Crichton-Harris, regarding the book 'Cornish Emigrants to Ontario, Volume II', publ. 2014
- "I just saw the books, and they are fantastic! Thank you again for all your hard work and advice. I know that the rest of the 1812 Committee will be very impressed."
Carla Mackie, Historical Services Coordinator/Morningstar Mill, St. Catharines Museum regarding: The Report of the Loyal and Patriotic Society OF Upper Canada 1817, publ. 2013
- "You will be pleased to know that our books have been flying off the shelf. Thanks for helping to make that a reality."
Nancy Leveque, co-author of 'Researching Your Ancestors in Simcoe County, A Study in Migratory Patterns and Family History', Publ. 2012, publ. 2011
- "My book is being received very well, and I am very grateful to you for your help. I am getting lots of feedback, and I am quick to tell them of Global Genealogy."
Wayne Robinson, author of My Irish Ancestors, publ. 2011
More resources from GlobalGenealogy.com:
History & Genealogy Books...
History and genealogy books, maps, CDs from a wide selection of publishers, including Global Heritage Press. Browse resources listed by country, location or topic.
Document & Artifact Preservation Products
Acid-free storage and display products to preserve and safely store your family heirloom documents and artifacts.
Printing & Binding Solutions
You've done the research, written the stories, gathered the photos and illustrations, and put them all together... Now let GlobalGenealogy.com produce a finished book you will be proud to call your own.
Family Tree Charts & Census Forms
Poster-size blank family tree charts, plus a variety of free blank letter-size charts and census forms
The War of 1812...
Searching for your
Ancestor's War Records
Ottawa Branch News
1970 - 2008
Ontario Genealogical Society
Renfrew County United Churches, formerly Methodist and Presbyterian, Baptisms, Marriages 1841-1899
The Ottawa Citizen
Birth, Marriage, Death Notices 1879-1885
Surviving 1851 Census
Returns of Ireland
Loyalist Refugees 1776-1784
[ to Canada ]
Names of Emigrants,
From 1845-47 Records of
[ most from Ireland ]
Tracing Your Kent Ancestors, Guide for Family Historians
[ England ]
Tracing Your Leeds Ancestors, Guide for Family Historians
[ England ]
Births, Marriages & Deaths
Carp Review, 1905-1950
[Carleton County, Ontario, Canada]